Friendship Home’s mission is to enrich the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families by providing quality respite care and support services in a safe and caring environment.
Friendship Home fulfills its mission by:
- Helping to raise awareness in our communities of the abilities and needs of those who we serve so that they may benefit from community support and increased opportunities.
- Remaining engaged with our communities to maximize the resources available to support our work.
- Developing innovative programs that utilize public and private funding to offer a full array of opportunities.
- Engaging individuals and their families who are or might be served by our programs to help design and evaluate our programs.
- Advocating for the rights and equitable treatment of individuals with disabilities and their families on a local and national level.
- Providing only needs-based assistance delivered in the least restrictive environment possible, encouraging all people served to participate as independently as possible in the activities of daily life.
- Providing sound management and fiscal oversight.
- Customizing programs and services based on the specific needs of individuals served, maximizing the unique benefits of a smaller community-based program.
Friendship Home programs foster community involvement for our participants, while providing support for their families, who may feel overwhelmed and isolated by the demands of caring for their family members. Our staff and volunteers operate at all times with the utmost respect for human rights, personal choice and empowerment of our participants. We strive to continually improve services adhering to the highest standards for client-centered care.
The following philosophies drive our commitment to meeting the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families:
- Each individual has the right to lead a full and productive life with the necessary supports provided by caring community members.
- Individuals with disabilities have the right to self-determination in all areas of their lives.
- Our goal is to create communities that support families caring for loved ones with disabilities and provide resources for these families so that they may have the information and energy to provide the best possible care.
- We fulfill our mission by engaging supporters, individuals, groups and businesses to join us in creating an array of quality and innovative programs that meet the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- We recognize that all individuals have different abilities and are an asset to their community, have a right to be treated with respect and dignity as equal members of the community, merit the opportunity to participate in all areas of family and community life, have the potential for growth and development, are entitled to opportunities to form personal relationships of their own choice, deserve to live, work and play in environments that promote personal well-being.