Friendship Home’s mission is to enrich the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families by providing quality respite care and support services in a safe and caring environment.
Friendship Home fulfills its mission by:
- Helping to raise awareness in our communities of the abilities and needs of those who we serve so that they may benefit from community support and increased opportunities.
- Remaining engaged with our communities to maximize the resources available to support our work.
- Developing innovative programs that utilize public and private funding to offer a full array of opportunities.
- Engaging individuals and their families who are or might be served by our programs to help design and evaluate our programs.
- Advocating for the rights and equitable treatment of individuals with disabilities and their families on a local and national level.
- Providing only needs-based assistance delivered in the least restrictive environment possible, encouraging all people served to participate as independently as possible in the activities of daily life.
- Providing sound management and fiscal oversight.
- Customizing programs and services based on the specific needs of individuals served, maximizing the unique benefits of a smaller community-based program.