21 Nov Respite Program Coordinator
Friendship Home is seeking a weekend Respite Program Coordinator to be the point-of-contact for/between guests, families and staff for the successful coordination of quality respite services. You will place an emphasis on coordinating excellent customer service while assisting the Respite Program Director with achieving program goals. Consistent with the mission and vision of Friendship Home, the Respite Coordinator ensures that policies and procedures are followed, services are delivered in a safe and caring environment, and the confidentiality and human rights of each individual participant/guest is protected and maintained. Prior experience working with adults with developmental disabilities, preferably in a residential group home setting, is desired. The schedule for this position is Wednesday – Saturday, 36 hours (8 hrs Wednesday/Thursday and 10 hrs Friday/Saturday), and the position is benefit eligible.
- Develop and distribute guest/staff schedules
- Distribute guest stay portfolios that delegate staff assignments
- Assist the Program Director with staff orientation and training
- Ensure staff members complete all necessary documentation
- Handle incoming/outgoing calls for medical situations, facilities, staffing, other issues; and report major incidents/situations
- Properly document all on-call contacts
- Provide shift coverage when necessary
- Maintain the reservations calendar (guests and space)
- Respond to reservation requests within 24 hours
- Adhere to established standards for the staff-to-guest ratio and needs
- Review guest files to ensure staff understands and responds to information/insights about guests, and coordinate the dynamics between guests
Planning and Preparation
- Maintain a clear understanding of DDS requirements for respite services
- Prepare guest stay portfolios, to include meals, activities, medical/medication requirements
- Request and/or purchase supplies, including food and housekeeping
- Coordinate facility and vehicle use
- Maintain proper documentation and file management, internally and externally, to meet DDS requirements in conducting Med room prep, including med sheets and health care provider orders to meet state/MAP regulations
- Regularly check HCSIS for assessments
- Conduct pre check-in prior to guest stays
- Serve as Fire Safety Officer and conduct drills as required; ensure safety protocols are followed; report concerns to the Program Director
- Conduct check-in when guests arrive
- Serve as the Shift Leader while on a shift
- Conduct check-out as needed
- Provide support, assistance and instruction to respite guests
- Support ADLs
- Provide transportation to participants during respite weekends
- You may also participate in Friendship Home events, as needed/requested.
Skills & Characteristics
- Ability and flexibility to participate in work schedules that meet program needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time and priority management
- Customer service
- Planning and organizing
- Basic computer skills, including MS-Office
- Demonstrated ability to serve and care for people with disabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of the guidelines, services and systems involved in caring for people with developmental disabilities including DDS licensing and certification
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate individuals and program services
- Know and understand DDS contracts and licensing requirements
- Residential care services experience a plus.
- Associate’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience working with people with disabilities or a comparable population
- CPR/First Aid certified
- MAP certification
- Safety care and human rights advocacy training
- DOT training
- Valid MA driver’s license
Why join Friendship Home?
You will have a direct impact on Friendship Home’s mission to enrich the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families by providing quality respite care and support services in a safe and caring environment.
Enjoy a comprehensive and generous benefit package that includes Health (generous contribution toward premium), Dental, 401(k) with company match, Flexible Savings Account, Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Tuition Remission, generous Paid Time Off and more . . .
About Friendship Home
Founded in 1999 and located in Norwell MA, Friendship Home is a bustling overnight respite and activity center in Norwell, MA, that provides day and evening programs for individuals with developmental disabilities and those who care and advocate for them. Our members are given the opportunity to lead meaningful and productive lives by fulfilling their essential need for belonging and socialization. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of services to support each member in fulfilling their own personal potential. Our programming is person-centered, our staff are well versed in positive behavioral supports, and our families and community supporters are committed to quality services and meaningful engagement.