02 Oct Social recreation coordinator
Social Recreation Coordinator
The Social Recreation Coordinator assures that all social recreation programs, including evening and weekend activities, are enjoyable and enriching for program participants. S/he is responsible for developing and facilitating recreational groups and programs which meet the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs of the participants. Reporting to the Program Director, the Social Rec Coordinator works as an active team member providing support to participants.
- The Social Recreation Coordinator is accountable for developing groups and programs in consideration of the needs, abilities and interests of the participants.
- Researches new ideas for programs and activities, elicits participants’ suggestions.
- Initiates and plans the monthly and annual calendar with the Director.
- Ensures a safe and healthy environment for participants
- Plans and coordinates to ensure activities run smoothly, soliciting input and participation from staff and participants
- Assists with transporting and/or escorting program participants to, from, and within the program on-site or on external trips.
- Works with volunteers and other Friendship Home staff members on program events, taking leadership for planned events that promote the abilities of program participants
- Ensures that the social recreational experience meets individual and family expectations for involvement by members
- Ensures necessary supplies are purchased within program budget
- Successfully creates partnerships in the community that result in recreational opportunities as well as financial assistance for Friendship Home.
- Associates’ Degree required with a minimum 1-2 years’ experience working with adults with developmental/intellectual disabilities preferred; Bachelors’ Degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, G Suite
- Demonstrate a positive, professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to be creative and think out of the box
- Ability to manage crisis situations
- Available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be at least 18 years’ old
- CPR/First Aid certified preferred
- Valid MA driver’s license with positive driving record; ability to travel as needed with own vehicle
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to the attention of Social Recreation Program Director Gina Froio at email@example.com or by mail to her attention at Friendship Home, Inc., 458 Main Street, PO Box 916, Norwell, MA 02061.