21 Nov Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Norwell, MA
The Events Manager will assist in the execution of Friendship Home’s annual development goals by managing the creation, planning, execution, and evaluation of all organizational events including signature fundraising events, 3rd party fundraising, and community engagement events. The Events Manager will work in partnership with development and program staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and community members to enhance Friendship Home’s event and fundraising strategies.
- Strategic and operational responsibility for all fundraising/organizational and community engagement events, including current signature events – Annual Gala, Golf Tournament, and Walk/Run.
- Manage all logistical and supply needs before, during and after events
- Assist as needed in the planning, execution and promotion of annual appeal and other digital marketing/fundraising efforts.
- Create and oversee external (3rd party) events and fundraising efforts.
- Develop strategies to increase donations, exceed revenue goals, and reduce expenses.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for events.
- Research, negotiate, and manage event vendor contracts and relationships.
- Develop and manage appropriate marketing, public relations, advertising, and ticket sales in coordination with the Communications Coordinator.
- Create content for event pages on the website, e-newsletter, and social media platforms in coordination with the Communications Coordinator.
- Manage auction and event management platforms for auctions, online donations and event registrations
- Produce print/digital and video materials to promote events.
- Recognize sponsors and communicate with families.
- Recruit, lead and steward event committees.
- Develop and manage event budgets.
- Obtain permits for events and ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, safety obligations and agency processes and policies
- Other duties as assigned and as needed to help reach development goals
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Experience with staging large-scale corporate and/or non-profit events
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and communication (written and oral) skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with volunteer committees
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, donor databases, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WordPress preferred
- Experience interacting professionally with potential donors, sponsors, participants, external vendors, volunteers and board members
- Flexibility to attend evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events
- Passion and enthusiasm for Friendship Home’s mission
- Minimum 3 years experience in event management, fundraising and development, preferably with a nonprofit organization
- Bachelor’s degree
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work extended hours including nights and weekends.