26 Apr Direct Support Professional – Bridges to Work
Position: Direct Support Professional – Bridges to Work
Reports to: Bridges to Work, Director
The Job Coach/DSP assures that Friendship Home’s mission is met by helping individuals with developmental disabilities learn the necessary skills to meet their career goals. S/he is a role model for Bridges to Work participants, parents/guardians, community members, volunteers and staff in presenting a positive and cooperative attitude, and ABILITIES focused model within the program.
- Transports clients as needed to job sites and trips following driving policies using agency and own vehicle as agreed.
- Implements strength-based, vocational/individual support plans that are creative and responsive to the individual needs and goals; works creatively with the individual and team to continually build skills through enriching activities and opportunities.
- Provides both individual and group training for program participants at the work site and within the BTW program; Assists in building and teaching classes within the curriculum.
- Works with Case Managers and Job Developer to assure that both the employee and employer are satisfied with the employment experience.
- Completes incident reports, task analysis, attendance and other required documentation as required/requested
- Addresses problematic behavioral issues in a positive and proactive manner; responds to crises in a calm, effective and supportive manner; informs the supervisor of incidents and situations following protocol and utilizing appropriate judgment
- Maintains a positive program presence in the community by communication at job sites and participation in promotional events as requested
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrated ability to serve and care for people with disabilities and their families.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities through employment, volunteering, or school training is preferred
- Valid MA drivers’ license, with positive driving record, adequate insurance and ability to travel to meetings as needed with own vehicle as agreed
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
To apply, please click here