31 Jul Direct support professional with transport – Bridges to Work
Direct Support Professional with Transport – Bridges to Work
The Direct Support Professional with Transport assures that Friendship Home’s mission is met by helping individuals with developmental disabilities learn the necessary skills to meet their career goals. S/he is a role model for Bridges to Work participants, parents/guardians, community members, volunteers and staff in presenting a positive and cooperative attitude, and ABILITIES focused model within the program.
- Transports clients as needed to job sites and trips following driving policies using agency and own vehicle as agreed.
- Implements strength-based, vocational/individual support plans that are creative and responsive to the individual needs and goals; works creatively with the individual and team to continually build skills through enriching activities and opportunities.
- Provides both individual and group training for program participants at the work site and within the BTW program; Assists in building and teaching classes within the curriculum.
- Works with Case Managers and Job Developer to assure that both the employee and employer are satisfied with the employment experience.
- Completes incident reports, task analysis, attendance and other required documentation as required/requested
- Addresses problematic behavioral issues in a positive and proactive manner; responds to crises in a calm, effective and supportive manner; informs the supervisor of incidents and situations following protocol and utilizing appropriate judgment
- Maintains a positive program presence in the community by communication at job sites and participation in promotional events as requested
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrated ability to serve and care for people with disabilities and their families.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities through employment, volunteering, or school training is preferred
- Valid MA drivers’ license, with positive driving record, adequate insurance and ability to travel to meetings as needed with own vehicle as agreed
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to the attention of the Bridges to Work Program Director Amelia Silvia at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to her attention at Friendship Home, Inc., 458 Main Street, PO Box 916, Norwell, MA 02061.