18 Sep Direct Support Professional/Job Coach
Position: Direct Support Professional/Job Coach
Program: Bridges to Work Vocational Program
Hours: (Part time) Monday 8am-3pm, Wednesday 8am-4pm, Friday 8am-4pm
● Implements strength-based, vocational/individual support plans that are creative
and responsive to the individual needs and goals; works creatively with the
individual and team to continually build skills through enriching activities and
● Provides both individual and group training for program participants at the work
site and BTW program; Assists in building and teaching classes within the
● Works with Case Managers and Job Developer to assure that both the employee
and employer are satisfied with the employment experience.
● Demonstrates a strength-based philosophy, by treating all clients, families and
collaterals in an open and respectful manner that builds upon strengths;
maintains an atmosphere that promotes cultural competence and celebrates
● Addresses problematic behavioral issues in a positive and proactive manner;
responds to crises in a calm, effective and supportive manner; informs the
supervisor of incidents and situations following protocol and utilizing appropriate
● Transports clients as needed to job sites and trips following driving policies using
agency and own vehicle as agreed and requested
● Participates as a strong team player with Friendship Home colleagues through
active participation in weekly staff meetings, and demonstration of flexibility and
● Maintains a positive program presence in the community by communication at
job sites and participation in promotional events as requested
● Participates in all required training – taking initiative to build expertise (min. 24
hours annually FTE)
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential Skills & Experience
● Demonstrated ability to serve and care for people with disabilities and their
● Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities through
employment, volunteering, or school training is preferred
Skills & Characteristics Positive attitude and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work as a member of a team
● Education High School Diploma Other Credentials Must be at least 18 years old CPR/First Aid
certified or able to become certified Valid MA drivers’ license, with positive driving record, adequate
insurance and ability to travel to meetings as needed with own vehicle as agreed
● Able to be accessible by telephone and email
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and
arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger;
handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally
required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to
adjust focus. Must be able to work flexible hours to meet organizational and participant needs. Must
be able to drive up to 3 hours at a time.
(Schedule may fluctuate over time based on the needs of the participants/members. When schedule
changes are needed, staff will be included in making arrangements.)
Job Type: Part-time
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our staff and program participants safe, we enforce wearing
masks at all times when inside the building aside from lunch breaks. A thorough cleaning schedule
and staff sign off is being implemented daily.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
● How many years of caregiving/direct patient care experience do you have?
● How many years of dsp experience do you have?
● Do you have the following license or certification: driver’s license?
● When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and
times or ranges of times.
To submit application or learn more, contact Amelia Silvia at firstname.lastname@example.org.