23 Aug Events/Communications Manager – Development
Reports to: Director of Development
Friendship Home is seeking an Events/Communication Manager to assist in the execution of annual development goals and manage the organization’s events/communications efforts, including event logistics, volunteer oversight, social media presence, website content, and coordination of development, promotional and marketing materials.
In this role, reporting to the Director of Development, you will have the opportunity to use your project management and communication skills to impact development activities and goals and have a direct impact on Friendship Home’s mission to enrich the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families by providing quality respite care and support services in a safe and caring environment.
- Manage fundraising/organizational events, including but not limited to, volunteer recruitment, vendor relationships; producing print/digital and video materials, sponsorship recognition, guest lists, table assignments, and other duties as needed
- Oversee and create website content, maintain social media channels, and produce printed and digital marketing materials
- Maintain events and communications calendars
- Prepare external and internal communications including writing, coordinating and producing Between Friends (e-newsletter)
- Assist in planning, execution and promotion of annual appeal and other digital marketing efforts including Giving Tuesday, Helping Hearts monthly giving program, and Friendship Day
- Handle family communications
- Support event committees and keep meeting minutes
- Other duties as assigned and as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in event planning, development and communications
- Non-profit sector experience a plus
- Strong planning and organizational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills
- Experience working with volunteer committees
- Creative thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and WordPress preferred
- Skilled in design – digital and print (Adobe suite preferred but not required)
- Comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com.